Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tulip Time



This is one of my favorite times of year. I have lived outside of this area or anywhere close for about 4 years and every year I manage to find a way back here for Tulip Time. I have been to both the parades so far and eaten way too much of the Carnival food, yummy!!! Weight watchers will not like that one on my will power but it was worth it. I took JR to the Wednesday parade because it was raining a little. On Thursday the whole family went and the weather was awesome, we decided to go very last minute and lucked out in finding a good parking spot and then Jim ran into our friend Jenny whom happen to have a little extra room for us, "thanks Jen". Jacob did not sit well but hopefully on Saturday he will be better, and JR as usual really loved it and seeing his cousins in the parade. Last weekend we had some friends of ours come into town from the other side of the state. We met them in St. Maarten and soon they will be moving to Tennessee. They have never seen tulip time, so we tried to show them around. I have lived here most of my life and have never seen Windmill Island so we went there. It was pretty neat. The weather did not cooperate that day so I felt that we did not get to show them enough.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

It's got to be like experiencing the joys of Tulip Time all over again through Jacob and JR, eh? I miss it a lot this week just through reading everyone's blogs and myspace and facebook and all that.

Of course I miss you too. I would LOVE a copy of that photo on the left up there!!

Jenny said...

LOVE the blog Erin! I'm so glad you decided to start one, now let's see if you can keep up on it :) I'm glad Jim ran into us today, so we could enjoy the parade together. See you Saturday!

VandenBerg Family said...

I love the pictures of the boys with their costumes on! You really need to get those printed and framed!!